How to acquaint a child with old dolls in a fascinating way?
Winter that year was severe. The wind was blowing large snowflakes into the face of Deniska, who was returning from a training session. The snow fell asleep, and the boy did not notice how he nearly knocked down a girl dressed in a white fluffy fur coat and the same cap. This dress made it invisible among the dancing snowflakes.
– Oh! I thought a little, and you, like a bundle of snowflakes, have become completely invisible.
I am Denis. And who are you and where are you going?
– Hi, I’m Snezhana! I am going to the Puppet World. Why are you so distracted and unhappy?
– Our family has trouble: an unknown disease is destroying my mother, no doctor can cure her. The girl thought, but suddenly perked up and said:
– Come with me to the World of Old Dolls. These dolls can do a lot: they can protect a person from evil forces, take away illness from him, bring joy and well-being to the house.
– Come on! – Denis was delighted.
– I really want my mom recovered. Where do the dolls live? Do you know the way?
– I know! Without delay, the children hit the road. On the way, the girl said that on the outskirts of the city there is a small house in which the old woman-witch lives. The house is located in a huge old garden. In this garden, and live old dolls made by good hands of people from clay, wood, shreds of cloth, straw, herbs. In the cold season and in bad weather, they move to the attic of the house.
– Have you seen these dolls? – asked the boy.
– Saw. Once I was there and met some of them: Pelenashkoy, Ten-handle, Kupavkoy, Krupenichka, Lihomanka.
– what are the unusual names have them! Why are they called that?
– Long time ago our great-great-great-grandmothers made dolls, and they gave them names. A dolly that helps with the housework is called the Ten-Knife, a doll that can lure out and be taken away from the house.
– Likhomankoy. Here you will ask this doll to go to your house. And we also need to get acquainted with the Travnitsa dolls.
“They will cure your mother,” said Snezhana.
During the conversation, the travelers did not notice how they found themselves on the porch of a small house. Snezhana knocked lightly on the window covered with snow. The door opened and a short, thin old woman appeared on the threshold.
– Come soon! You have already become like snowmen, ”she said. Shaking off the snow, Snezhana and Deniska entered the house. They are enveloped in the aromas of dry herbs, pine needles and fresh bread.
– Sit down, kids, at the table. Eat, keep warm and tell us what brought you to me. After listening to Denis, the healer said:
– Use as soon as possible to the attic, as darkness comes – a magical time of day. You will be met by the pupa Night and will introduce you to Travnitsy. Children climbed the stairs to the attic. A doll appeared in the dark blue cape, strewn with shiny stars near the entrance. A mysterious silence surrounded the children. They followed Night into the far corner of the attic. Photo: Depositphotos Just what kind of herbs and dried berries were not here: mint, yarrow, oregano, thyme, hawthorn, viburnum, rosehip. Among this abundance of medicinal plants were dolls-Travnitsy. Each one had a bag hanging on its hand, in which, as Denis guessed, there were medicinal herbs.
– Hello! – in one voice said the children.
– Good evening! We welcome guests! – was heard from all sides. Denis sat down on a pile of fir paws and began to talk about the misfortune that settled in their house.
“Please help my mother,” the boy finished the story and looked hopefully at the biggest doll, dressed in a sundress, decorated with dry wildflowers. It was a Likhomanka doll. She went to the boy, smiled and said:
– For this we live in the world to help people. While it is dark and no one will see us, we must go on our way. She called for several dolls, and the company led by Night descended from the attic, said goodbye to the hostess and hurried into the city. Dolly Night lit the road with asterisks that glittered brightly on her clothes. Soon the travelers came to the house where Denis lived. The night said:
– Guys, go to the nursery, and we will go to her mother’s bedroom. As soon as the dolls disappeared, Snezhana went to the window and threw it open.
– I must go home. Until!
– she said, and suddenly, turning into a clump of fluffy snowflakes, she flew out into the street.
– Where do you live? – shouted her Denis. “Far away, in the land of snow and blizzard,” he heard the quiet voices of flying snowflakes. Going into his room, Denis exhausted fell on the sofa and fell into a deep sleep. The next morning, waking up, he was very surprised that he was lying in bed in outerwear. The sun peered through the window. Titmies, sitting on the trees, livened up and happily chirped. Photo: Depositphotos Denis remembered his journey to the World of Old Dolls. Throwing off his coat and hat, he ran into her mother’s room, but she was not there. Troubled boy rushed into the living room. Mom sat in the chair and looked out the window. Seeing Deniska, she said affably:
– Good morning, son! – Hooray-ah! – shouted Denis.
– Dolls are not deceived! They helped! Mom kissed the boy and asked: – Do you know who brought the Travnits pupae to my bedroom? Denis smiled mysteriously and replied:
– They themselves.